Terms & Conditions
References to the "website" are to HgCapital Trust plc's website and also include, but are not limited to, the text, images, links, sounds, graphics and video sequences displayed on such website.
1. Please read these terms & conditions ("Terms") before proceeding as they explain the legal framework for the information on this website. If you do not agree, do not use www.hgcapitaltrust.com. By accessing this website you are deemed to have read and accepted these Terms and it is your responsibility to be aware of, and to observe, the applicable laws and regulations of any relevant jurisdiction. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our website through your internet connection are aware of these Terms, and that they comply with them. These Terms may not be modified unless HgCapital Trust plc ("HgCapital Trust") agrees in writing save that HgCapital Trust reserves the right to modify these Terms at any time.
2. In the United Kingdom, "HgCapital" is the trading name of HgCapital LLP and Hg Pooled Management Limited, both of which are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority with the following FCA registration numbers:
HgCapital LLP: 478870
Hg Pooled Management Limited: 122466
HgCapital Trust is a separate entity managed by Hg Pooled Management Limited. HgCapital Trust is registered as a public company in England and Wales under number 1525583 with its registered office at 2 More London Riverside, London SE1 2AP. HgCapital Trust is an investment company as defined under s833 of the Companies Act 2006.
Access in Jurisdictions other than the UK
4. The information on the website is only for the attention of the residents of jurisdictions where it can be lawfully disseminated. HgCapital Trust does not represent that any materials on the website are appropriate for use, or permitted by local laws, in all jurisdictions or by all investors. It is your responsibility to be aware of and to observe all applicable laws and regulations for your country of residence. In particular, the website is not directed at any person resident in any jurisdiction where, under local law or regulation, the publication or availability of the website is prohibited. Persons to whom such restrictions apply must not access the website.
5. The contents of the website have been prepared solely for information purposes. No information on the website constitutes investment, tax, legal or any other advice and nothing on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation to buy, sell or hold the shares of any entity. Nothing on the website constitutes or is intended to constitute financial or other advice and you should not act upon any information contained on the website without first consulting a financial or other professional adviser. The value of investments and the income from them may go down as well as up and an investor may receive back less than the original investment; past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance. The website is not intended to offer or to promote the offer or sale of shares in HgCapital Trust or any other entity in the United States or to US Persons (as defined in Regulation S under the Securities Act 1933).
Limitation of liability
6. Nothing in these Terms shall be taken to limit or exclude any liability which may not otherwise be limited or excluded under applicable law. Use of the website is at your sole risk. HgCapital Trust will not be liable to any person for any direct, indirect, special or consequential, losses, damages or awards of any kind, howsoever caused, as a result of the use of or inability to use, or reliance on, the website. In particular, HgCapital Trust shall not be liable for any loss of profits, loss of business, revenue, data, goodwill or anticipated loss or damage. HgCapital Trust excludes all warranties, conditions, terms, undertakings and representations (excepting fraudulent misrepresentation) of any kind, express or implied, statutory or otherwise in connection with the website to the fullest extent permitted by law.
7. The website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis and does not purport to be full or complete. HgCapital Trust gives no warranties (express, implied or statutory) as to satisfactory quality or fitness for purpose of the website or materials contained therein, including without limitation, as to the accuracy, validity, timeliness, merchantability or completeness of any information or data contained therein (whether prepared by HgCapital Trust or by any third party), or that any of such materials or the website will be provided uninterrupted or free from errors or that any identified defect will be corrected. HgCapital Trust has the right to suspend or withdraw the provision of all or any of the website or the materials contained therein without prior notice at any time. You are entirely responsible for your use of the website, and for the consequence of relying on any content.
8. Further, no warranty of any kind is given that the website and the materials contained therein are free from any virus or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code, program or macro. HgCapital Trust does not warrant that the website or the server(s) that make(s) it available are free of any virus or other harmful elements. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
9. To the maximum extent permitted by law, HgCapital Trust disclaims all liability to you arising out of your use of the website.
10. Any reference to any product or service which has been or may be provided to or by HgCapital, HgCapital Trust, Hg Pooled Management Limited or any other company does not amount to a promise that such product or service will be available at any time. Changes to or improvements in such products or services and the terms and conditions (if any) relating to such products or services may be made at any time without notice.
11. The website contains links that may give you access to external websites, resources or other third parties. HgCapital Trust has not examined any of these websites and accepts no liability in relation to their contents or for the goods, services and products that they offer. These links are for your convenience and you access them at your own risk. Reference on the website to any hypertext link, product, process or service does not imply HgCapital Trust's support for, nor endorsement or recommendation of, the provider thereof or the product, process or service to which reference is made. HgCapital Trust is not a sponsor, partner, promoter or publisher of any of such website. You may not include a link to our website on your or another website without our express permission. We do not permit others to link to or frame this website or any portion thereof.
12. The trademarks, service marks and logos shown on the website are registered and unregistered trademarks of HgCapital and others. Nothing in these Terms, or on the website, should be construed as granting any licence or right to use any of these trademarks displayed.
13. Downloading or copying from the website does not transfer to you title to any material or software. Should you download or copy material from the website no copyright or other proprietary notices should be removed. HgCapital reserves all rights with respects to copyright and trademark ownership of all material on the website and will enforce such rights to the full extent permitted by law.
14. You must not use any part of the materials on our website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
15. If you print off, copy or download any part of our website in breach of these Terms, your right to use our website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
16. HgCapital Trust respects the privacy of online visitors to the website and recognises the importance of protecting your personal information that you may provide to HgCapital Trust. This statement sets out HgCapital Trust’s policy and principles regarding the use of information you provide when visiting the website.
17. HgCapital Trust is committed to following policies that protect your privacy and meet data protection laws and regulations regarding personal data. Personal data is obtained by HgCapital Trust for specified and lawful purposes and will be processed fairly and lawfully.
18. HgCapital Trust will request and collect information from visitors on a voluntary basis through registration for HgCapital Trust news and updates. The personal information requested includes your name, e-mail address and place of work.
19. HgCapital Trust will not share personal information provided by you with third parties, other than for the purposes of providing you with feedback on technical support or customer service enquiries. Where a third party is used for these specified reasons, such third party vendors have agreed to maintain the confidentiality and security of information HgCapital Trust shares with them. We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group.
20. When using the website you may be directed to other sites that are beyond HgCapital Trust’s control and there are links to other sites outside our service. HgCapital Trust is not responsible for and accepts no liability in relation to these sites and you should read the private policy statement of any new site you visit.
22. The agreement between HgCapital Trust and you relating to your use and browsing of the website is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and you agree that the Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising in relation to such use and browsing.